Friday, May 27, 2011

Alone on a Friday workout

...but it was okay. Tough workout. My hamstrings were really tight from Thursday's boot camp workout (thanks, brittany!). I used Peter's polar heart rate monitor...burned 600 calories between setup, workout and clean-up. And that was without Ab-RipperX. I burned an additional 91 calories doing Ab-RipperX when I got home. I'm clearly addicted to this data thing now.

The Ab-RipperX calories were calculated by a Timex heart rate monitor I bought at REI tonight (because I liked the look better than the Polar watches) but I'm going to return it tomorrow and just get the Polar one because the Timex watch only shows calories burned when you complete the workout. I have never learned to choose function over fashion! (If you saw my red shoes this week, it's just further proof of this. My shoe philosophy: cute doesn't usually mean comfortable.)

Tomorrow I'm going to wear Peter's heart rate monitor to hot yoga!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on doing it alone. That's pretty hard and dedicated.

    ReplyDelete