Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to lose a pound a week!

Christy had told us early on that one pound = 3500 calories. So what that meant was that every day I had to burn 500 more calories than I took in. In my case my goal was to burn 1700 calories and take in 1200 calories.

Christy and Peter turned me on to a heart rate monitor as a way to know how many calories I was burning. I was able to wear it discreetly under my clothes at work (and even shower in it) to get an accurate reading of my daily burn. It was a little addicting (kind of like P90X) but more importantly it was the minute-by-minute accountability I needed.

One other comment on nutrition - although 1200 calories is not a lot, I can't say that I was ever really hungry. Adding that much protein to my diet kept me feeling full. My struggles with diet was out of *want* not *need.* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment